Study in Canada

Education System in Abroad


International students are expected to start planning for their studies in Abroad 1 year in advance. The major intake Primarily is 'fall' i.e. September. The other intake is in the month of 'winter' i.e. January, but it depends on the students program and the Institution that he/she is applying to. Very few institutes might have the May intake as well.

Study Visa

All overseas students are required to obtain a Student Authorization and Visa before going to abroad for studies. Students must also meet the requirements of the Immigration Act and Regulations. Under normal circumstances, allow at least 4-6 weeks for your visa to be processed. Students are not allowed to obtain an authorization after their arrival in foreign country. The application should be submitted well in advance of the planned date of departure to ensure that the processing of the application can be completed on time. Submit the completed application kit to the immigration section of the High commission. Kindly note that all documents submitted, must be photocopies.

Visa Process

Visa Interview

An interview with a Visa Officer may be required, for very rare or exceptional cases. If this is the case then you will be advised in writing about the interview.

Medical Examination

The high commission will issue medical instructions. Students and accompanying dependents must pass a medical examination. If the student and accompanying dependents are found to be in good health and there are no other concerns with the application, the Visa and Student Authorization will be issued


International students graduating from a program of 2 years or more in length would be eligible for a 3 year work permit after graduation with no restrictions on the types of employment and no requirement for a job offer. The experience gained would provide them an opportunity to work in an international setting and at the same time allow them to earn the money invested.